Monday, January 31, 2022

020122 Archi-scraps February Challenge

 

Roses & squares

This beautiful deco design inspires our Archiscraps team this month!

I started with this newly acquired 49 and Market Peace & Joy - North Pole paper for my background. I actually bought two for the b-side.

I had already decided to paper piece with this Julie Nutting stamp,


  along with multiple stamped roses, but once I got going with my placement I knew I needed a different balance on the left side.


The Sizzix leaf die was perfect to build a wreath along with a pack of Prima flowers.

 

 I used the Felicity Jane tiny heart in a square stamp to dress up the corners of the patterned paper. I don't think you would have guessed if I hadn't told you!


 After placing all the elements I needed just a little subtle something more on the background & used a few of the AC Bible journaling stamps.

The Proverbs 31 passage is a challenging one. Starting at verse 10 it sets out God's thoughts on what makes a virtuous woman. I used to dub her "that woman" with derision because I felt I could never measure up. There are lots of things in my nature that rebel against these precepts. No excuses. That rebellion is against my Saviour. I don't want that, so I asked Him to teach me. It has been a life's work, and I'm still alive! Meaning it didn't kill me, and there's still much work to do - with the Lord's help! 

John 3:30 says, "He must increase, but I must decrease." 

I add, Until I am invisible. May you see Christ in me.

 

Try your hand at squares & roses this February! Be sure to share with us at the Facebook Archiscraps Community Group

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome