Tuesday, July 12, 2022

071222 CKC July Challenge #1 - Ticket to Ride

 

 Master Forger of Ceremonies Tina chose our first July CKC challenge with a nod to our "Round Trip" inspiration kit. 

Ticket to Ride! Yes a Beatles song to start us off! Part of the kit had those tickets and tags, I would like to see tickets/tags used on your layout, card or any craft project you choose. Today, use Tickets/Tags for your creation!
 
 We had a month long trip in April & my first thought was that I must have an in-real-life pass for one of the state/national parks we visited. I found it! I also have a map & brochure of Red Rock Canyon in Hinton, Oklahoma.

We didn't have a lot of photos from here but we did hike a beautiful trail & so I decided to have my photos going diagonally in the spirit of the climb. I was a bit stumped at first as to what kit elements to use but I'm really happy with the final product!

I'm not even sure how old that transparency is! Liking the black & white accents.













 

 
I dressed up the map pocket with zigzag stitch washi tape, black pen & a puffy heart. My journaling is on the ephemera ticket tucked behind the top of the pocket.


Some fussy-cutting gave me the title banner piece & sentiment. 

Now it's your turn to be inspired by Tina's "Ticket to Ride" challenge!
 

Plus we've got a lot of month left to inspire you:

  • 18th July: Challenges #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th July: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st July: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box

 We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. Post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2022).

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Leslie and you used your ephemera extremely well. Looks like a nice day out.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome