Sunday, July 31, 2022

080122 Archiscraps August Challenge

 

 
Archi-scraps August Challenge: use this color scheme
 
Isn't that ceiling incredible?!? I loved the idea of using transparency in my take on the challenge. I have some water-activated ink transfer tissue paper I've been "dying" to play with, LOL!
 

A friend gave me these & it's the first thing I thought of for the challenge. My colors won't be a perfect match but my photos contain some other colors, too.

I started by working on the background, using the greens for the "ground" & the blues for the "sky".


I laid out pieces where I wanted them with some overlap & misted it heavily with water. I was thinking the color would transfer to the mixed media paper but not so much... I loved how it looked when it dried so I just used the textural tissue paper once it dried. (I'm hoping the finished page never gets wet!)


Next I used the warmer colored tissue for some stamped feathers. The color looks pretty intense but as you can see below it's a lot more subtle when dry, & you get some bonus pretty tissue scraps!


After a lot of fussy-cutting I added the photos & feathers to the background. I had the perfect stamp & sentiment for the title header. I used a leftover page of stamped but uncolored feathers for the info for each cousin. Aren't they cute? <3



Isn't that yummy texture added to that tissue? I'm undecided about cutting off the ends of the feathers. I don't use albums to store my pages but boxes & I think they'll fit... 

I can't wait to see how people interpret this one! Be sure to post over in the Facebook Archiscraps Community Group page.


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome