Thursday, July 14, 2022

071422 Heart's Quest Love Theme Challenge #5

 


I'm pleased as punch to be the Guest Designer at Becca Sadler's Heart's Quest Challenge Blog! Every month she offers two bi-weekly challenges for paper-crafting artist bloggers to participate for bragging rights as a Top 3 Pursuit Achiever! Find her other challenge at FarmQuest Challenge Blog with "themes on farming, ranching, gardening & all things rural."

The second July challenge is the Love Theme Challenge #5 which runs from July 14-27th. The topic is travel/transportation and should feature the word "love" somewhere on your project.

We took a rather epic trip in April & I haven't done much to document it yet. A stash dive for another project unearthed this beautiful paper  - perfect for Love Theme Challenge #5!

2020 Passages/"Homeward Bound" from Blue Fern Studio


My scrappy motto is, "Let the patterned paper do the work." I love the vintage vibe of this collection! I only added a few things from the Ephemera Pack plus tucked a journal card behind the printed lacy section of the heart. Here's my page:

I used a grey marker over the edge of the heart to emphasize the large shape.

Can you spy the PERFECT preprinted sentiment for the challenge?

The touring car ephemera piece is driving us across the map!

I created a little banner from more ephemera pieces.

Stats on the journal card - heart clip supports the challenge theme.

My page is quite busy which accurately represents our trip! 

 I'm looking forward to seeing how you were inspired - be sure to link up on the blog.

*****

I'm a born-again believer with a strong creative streak that is happiest with paper & scissors or a camera in hand. Loving these retirement years of travel & "grand" adventures with our children's children.

I am on the Design Team at Counterfeit Kit Challenge & also at Archi-scraps Challenge. You can also find me @lcsmithsaved on Instagram (photos) and Flickr for most of my creative projects (you'll have to make a friend request due to privacy settings.)

 Thanks again, Becca, for a chance to play & be featured at your charming 

 Heart's Quest Challenge Blog!

 

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome