|Studio Calico August 2012 "Summer of '69" Main Kit|
|Studio Calico August 2012 "Summer of '69" Add On Kits|
Now, I know we always try to stay current for the challenge, but I thought this kit would work so well.
The name might imply summer, but the colours would work just as well for Autumn or spring layouts.
Many of us have been scrapping several years now and have a fair amount of stash.
This kit includes papers from some of the great manufacturers we all used to coo over - October
Afternoon, Basic Grey etc, so what a perfect way for us to have a rummage and pull out some older stuff
from our stash to use up.
Our guest designer for this month is a lovely follower of ours who plays along almost every month on Instagram.
Her name is Ayaan Nambier and she is from India. She has a dedicated scrappy profile and creates the most
beautiful and colourful layouts.
My version begins with the main kit & is sprinkled with pieces from the add-on kits.
Let's open up the Magic Blue Box & take a look at
Autumn of 2019
I chose my papers based on color & pattern from the inspiration: chevrons, dots, large allover print, sky, small print, navy, kraft swirl.
The full kit:
Made a few counterfeits, so be sure to return on the fourth to check those out.
Now let's keep hopping!Guest Designer, Ayaan - https://www.instagram.com/ayaan_scraps/
Cindy - http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Lori - http://loriannie670.blogspot.com/
Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/
And of course, don't forget that we'll be back throughout the month to give you some tips, ideas and challenges to help you put together and use your kit.
- October 2nd: I'll be back with a "Just the Gist" post to help jump-start your kit-making.
- October 4th: We'll have our "Forgery on the Fourth" post where the Master Forgers will reveal how they created their own version of some of the items in this month's kit.
- October 6th: We'll reveal a couple of mini-kits and projects, in case you're a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit.
- October 12th & 18th: We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made.
- October 24th: I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month
- October 30th: We'll be offering another installment in our Killing Kits Series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit.
|Thanks for stopping by!|