Wednesday, March 18, 2020

031820 March CKC Challenge #2


Challenge #2: Outdoor Photos



Master Forger Lori says that March usually means that we are having a few more warm days than the bitterly cold days, and I know I am ready to be outside more after being cooped up in the house all winter.  For this challenge I want you to use photos that are taken outdoors.

 It just so happened that the next batch of photos in my queue to scrap were of a day trip to the Fort Gratiot Light in Port Huron, Michigan on a beautifully sunny autumn day.

I saw these adorable banners in the gift shop made of replica nautical alphabet flags used on ships. 
 

I thought it looked familiar & remembered this beloved October Afternoon/Treasure Map "Crow's Nest" paper in my stash. I knew that I would have to use it on a page about this day.


Fussy-cut into individual flags, just look at how perfect it is to spell out the name of the light!


(Sharp-eyed observers may spot two things: the bottom row of flags has some punched circle patches due to my re-design of the banner location halfway through the page construction, plus the pull tab doesn't actually pull anything but added a touch of red where I needed it.)



This was our third lighthouse. We hope to visit many of the coastal Michigan lights over the next few years. I am thinking of using more of these flags for our "Lighthouses" album cover.

Surely you have some outdoor photos to scrap. Pull out whatever remains of your March counterfeit kit & whip up a little something for Challenge #2!
 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.
You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2020).
 
Don't forget:
 
  • March 24th: Lori will  showcase one of the CKC community who's caught her eye this month
  • March 30th: We'll be offering another installment in our {Killing Kits} series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit. 
  •  
     
    Thanks for stopping by!
     

    2 comments:

    1. Your layout is fabulous and the little flags are ideal on this.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh I love that idea, what a fabulous finished layout.

      ReplyDelete

    Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome