Tuesday, March 31, 2020

040120 April Archi-scraps Challenge


Be inspired by Ancient Egypt: pyramid shapes, hieroglyphics, camels, etc.
I wanted to have a little fun with the April Archi-scraps challenge.
I finally settled on making my own hieroglyphics background paper - easy-peasy!

I used the BoBunny Adventure icons stamp set as a full sheet stamp, temporarily adhered to a sturdy plexiglass case.  I off-stamped the fresh ink & used a second generation stamp for that faded & uneven effect to simulate the worn appearance of real life hieroglyphics.


Love how it came out!

Bonus? A little stash-busting done by using 2013 October Afternoon Apple Cider "Corn Maze" paper as a base, 2012 Glitz Design (remember them?!?) Fabulous paper, 2012 Amy Tangerine Goodness Thickers, and 2017 Simple Stories Cabin Fever sticker sheet. I used an entire swath of word stickers under the photos, plus some more for those cute clusters and the I <3 Camping banner.




Give this challenge a whirl! You don't have to have photos from Egypt to translate the inspiration onto your project. This could even be the time for llamas to show up (just call them camels - I won't tell, lol) Don't forget to link up over at Archi-scraps! We love to give a round of virtual applause.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. That is such a cool idea. I believe I may have that stamp set. May give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome