Monday, July 12, 2021

071221 July CKC Challenge #1

 

Ticket, please!

 Master Forger of Ceremonies Lisa has come up with the perfect challenge for our Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit!


"The ticket and cinema elements in this kit reminded me of all the ticket stubs and piles of "stuff" I keep to use on my projects... one day!  Today is the day to get some of those memories out and onto a layout.  So I challenge you to use a ticket or in fact, any collected memorabilia on your project."

 I happened to be working on the weekly sketch over at A Cherry on Top & thought I could make the banners a string of colorful tickets. We had some cherry pit spitting competition fun at our Independence Day family celebration & I was ready to scrap it! My approach to a sketch is often deconstruction as opposed to imitation, as I'll show you in this side by side comparison:

Theirs/Mine

I was stumped by that block of white space but more on that later... I used the striped washi in my kit for the horizontal piece, and the very small piece of confetti paper cut into skinny strips for my border. I used rub-ons in place of stitching on the white background, matted the photos with patterned papers from my 6x6 pad, and marked the cherry pit locations on the driveway photo with puffy arrows. 

Here is how the ticket banners with stamped cherries above the photos turned out:

(I even got to use my ACOT cherry flair in my title!)   

The white space was perfect for this old stencil. It was too large so I traced it out & used a reduced copy to create a watercolored version. I really love how it came out!


I hope you have enjoyed seeing everyone's take on this challenge! And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired! 

There's still more to come in July:

  • 18th July: Challenges #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th July: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st July: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2021).


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome