Saturday, March 12, 2022

031222 CKC March Challenge #1 - Life Unfiltered

 

 Master Forger of Ceremonies Tara has taken a clever inspiration from a kit element for this first challenge.  

I am taking this challenge from the piece of ephemera with the phrase No Filter Needed.  I want to challenge you to do a layout of your life unfiltered.  Find the beauty in the mess. 

Well, I did it again - I went rogue... My page documents something "filtered" about home - coffee!


I started off selecting the 2017 PinkFresh Dream On/Marvel paper with the little houses on it, thinking it would be a page themed about home. 

 


I included the 2017 Pink Paislee Pick Me Up #19 paper remnant for the fanciful frames, so I wanted to use those, popped up with foam for some dimension. 

 I had created the little cluster bottom right before I had my page completely planned out & it was perfect! I "hung" my pictures and sprinkled a few very old vellum prior forgeries on the home section (stars & butterflies). The background 2021 Cocoa Vanilla Sunkissed/Feelin' Fine paper is a bit bold but the whole page captures how happy I feel when I greet the day with that pot of java.


Can't wait to see how Tara's prompt inspired you to find the beauty in the mess of documenting your No Filter Needed life. And don't forget what's coming up later this month!

  • 18th March - Challenge #2
  • 24th March - Follower Showcase
  • 31st March - Killing the Kit 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2022).


Thanks for stopping by!



 

1 comment:

  1. Leslie: What a fantastic mixed media layout you've made! I really like the idea of the frames suspended from the clips across the top right! Terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome