Thursday, August 28, 2014

082814 August CKC Project #5

Finished my fifth project using my Hot Summer Days August CKC kit.
This time I used a bit of inspiration from a wonderful challenge site:

Archi-scraps!
This blog has the most unique challenge each month.
A photo of some sort of architecture is the inspiration for your page/project!
This month the criteria to include was crenellation - 
the bits at the top of the wall that make you think castle or fortress.
Your inspiration can continue with the subject in the photo, the color scheme, etc.

Here is my page:


I have been determined to find a way to use that cute cloud paper from my kit.
When my grandson got on board this month with potty training 
I thought the "carefree" rub-on couldn't be more perfect. So proud of him!


Here is one of my crenellated details, the postage stamp punched edge on my title.
It may be subtle but it's there all the same.

I have really enjoyed adding the stitching this month. 
When I limit it to small accents it really doesn't take too much time to accomplish.
And the sun rays qualify as another crenellated accent.

Be sure you check in on the first of the month 
at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for the latest kit inspiration, and 
over at Archi-scraps for a new architectural photo to jump start your September crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Great details added to your layout for a most interesting prompt. Love the inclusion of your clever cloud paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute LO,thanks for joining us at Archi-scraps

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to see your entry on here Leslie.Gorgeous details too. Thanks for joining us on Archiscraps and your DT application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Leslie - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the block work and the colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome