Wednesday, September 24, 2014

092414 CKC September Members Showcase Blog Hop

Welcome to this stop on the CKC Challenge Showcase hop.

I chose Challenge #2: Selfie LOVE
 Take a selfie and add it to your layout or even card 
Now I am easily the world's worst selfie taker!
This was taken to show off my new hat, lol...

Then I ran across this circa 1978 selfie taken with my first SLR.


Ahhh...the bygone days of actual film processing at the local drugstore...
you would never know this was taken with a "good" camera.

Perfect for using my CKC Bittersweet Summer kit.

I was inspired by this page by Sasha Farina:




I hope we have inspired you to have a go at the challenges this month!

Tina      http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
YOU ARE HERE:  Leslie    http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
GO HERE NOW:   Binty     http://scrappingpluv.blogspot.com

Let me know you were here!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great oldie selfie, bet you were one of the first selfie takers!
    A fabulous layout highlighting that great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL what a great first selfie - fab page - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page, love your inspiration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful LO and selfie :). really love the way u used the decorative twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree what a beautiful layout and a joy to see a selfie that long ago :) See it's been going on longer than what the younger group thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! I love the bling in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Leslie. I like how you used that big print paper as a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant 'old' photo! Such a great interpretation of the LO that inspired you.. it has just the right amount of 'flavour' from the original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is one awesome photo! glad to find someone else who was taking selfies back in the day! Fabulous interpretation of the layout too

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome