Sunday, April 12, 2015

041215 CKC April Challenge #2

Challenge #2 this month is to use this sketch from Paper Players:

Blog post HERE
The sketch is really designed for a card but we are no strangers to the art of the change-up at CKC!

This page was based on a series of unfortunate events in late March,
which I began to refer to as "A Deer in the Headlights & an Elephant in the Sink."
As soon as I said it out loud I thought, That sounds like a GREAT title for a scrapbook page :)

I got around to working on the page a few days later.
Imagine my shock to find these when having a rummage in my kit!


Trying always to keep to what's in the Magic Blue Box whenever possible I chose
this custom 9x12" forged paper which gives me the circular element in the sketch.
 I added another few inches of white cardstock to make it 12x12".


With a long title by the time I add the photos & embellis there won't be much room to tell the story.
I used the question mark card for journaling by using my forged washi tape to make a hinge.


I used some gold letters to highlight the words deer & elephant.
I added gold metallic paper to the back side of the question mark for a bold third gold element.
The Jillibean Soup alpha stamp set filled in the rest of the words in the title.
(I am trying to resist adding stitching & ink & just plain more.)


(...sigh... I wish gold photographed better)
I feel like the left side of my page taken all together reads a bit as the sketch's vertical element.

Even the quote for the deer seems appropriate, lol!

This is promising to be a fun kit!

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout - so full of interesting elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title had me very intrigued! Thanks for all the step-by-step info on how you adapted this card sketch to a full 12x12 layout. How lucky to have the very animals you needed in your kit (and that you weren't seriously hurt in your encounter with the deer)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 2 disasters provided for a fantastic page. I love all your elements and so glad you journalled about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really thought outside the box for this one, it took me a while to follow along but I got there in the end! Excellent take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really thought outside the box for this one, it took me a while to follow along but I got there in the end! Excellent take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!! Excellent messiness. I can identify with wanting to add more. For me, it would be punching out some of the white spots in the pp and threading ribbon through. But as-is is terrific. You have earned the "Funkalicious" award for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Typical Leslie! What a great layout using that stencil paper and all those funky elements!!! Fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome