Thursday, April 16, 2015

041615 CKC April Challenge #3

And the inspiration just keeps coming over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog!

April Challenge #3 Spring Inspired: 
Let Spring help inspire your project

Living in a state at the top border of the U.S. makes me delight
in those first signs of life after the blanket of Winter begins to recede...

This moodboard at S.W.A.T. Challenge #53 was a great inspiration!


I began with the Messy thought of mimicking a pocket page with a grid.
I chose some elements & dressed them up with some vellum & stitching,
then made a simple title block with plans to add a little strategic stamping.


As I began to add the photos there was still a lot of empty white space.
Mounting the page on a grey & white polka dot helped add a border, an idea I got
from Susan's page HERE, but there was still an especially large space at the top... ugh.
I tried adding some stitching but it looked dreadful & now I had a row of holes!


I thought perhaps adding some washi, but couldn't get that to work either.
Eventually I cut strips of the script card from my kit to work in here & there.
I added some polka dot washi tape to them as an accent, covering the top corner with it.
Getting happier! Finally fussy-cut a little bee for that corner & it's done.


I also added some flowers made from the vellum circles & brads,
just like the ones made by Elsie at A Beautiful Mess!


One last change was mounting my title on a photo overlay with a big heart,
another subtle layer that adds the perfect sentiment about Spring.
It also gave me something to attach the title letters to with a tiny attacher!


I think I'm drifting further & further from the messy vibe!

Go ahead - celebrate Spring with a page from your counterfeit kit 
& a little Spring mood from S.W.A.T. Challenge's gorgeous inspiration board :-)

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

  1. Fantastic construction for your page & that vellum title is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recovery from the holes that just weren't what you wanted - I think that corner looks wonderful! Your layout really does look like a pocket page, with each section a mini-layout. Those vellum and brad flowers are very cute. Just love this whole page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It reminds me of a botanical page from a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have struggled but you ended up with a beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I disagree, on first sight I thought this had just the perfect amount of messy vibe (ever so slightly contained, that is.) Love this page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^ Like she said^^ Your fingers might not be inky, but the synergy of the grids leads to a delightful (dis)array. I am ooooing over the hand-cut title in velum. Delicious!m

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this went through various stages to create this gorgeous end product!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome