Monday, April 6, 2015

040615 CKC April Challenge #1

This month's kit promises to take me in some new directions!
I welcome that change.

April's Challenge #1:
 Pick your favorite challenge going on right now on any other blog 
(could be non scrappy related, too).  Don't forget to link it up!

(Did you catch my coordinated red/white/blue above, hehe?)

I am not very regular with challenge blogs or sketch sites, 
so I began a rather random search and ended up here:

Link HERE
 "Drill #52: We all hate to scrap ourselves. We all hate to share our own stories. 
But we need to! So this week that is our challenge to you!

Share five little facts about yourself. Projects can be layouts, art journal pages, 

canvas or other altered projects as long as you share five little things about yourself!"

I had a second level of inspiration - this layout from Becki Adams:

Found in her Gallery HERE
I just loved those title letters and knew the large Autumn Leaves alpha stamp set in my kit 
would be perfect! Then, off to the Magic Blue Box and my Messy Throwdown kit...



I decided that I loved how the fussy-cut letters looked on a kraft background, then
 I chose the large striped paper. Five stripes - perfect for my Five Little Things About Me.



If you check the detailed shot below you will catch one of my stamping boo-boos.
The "T" in night owl (lol - but it really wasn't my fault as the stamp fell off the stick
and apparently I put it back on wrong. Oh. I guess that DOES make it my fault...)



For those with stamping anxiety I did do practice layouts with each of these squares.
 The retired one didn't turn out too hot anyway because I didn't stick to the plan.
I can live with that.




Simple, graphic, bold. 
I would say that keeps true to the vibe of the Messy Box inspiration kit!


Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. I love your layout. I would not have known the T was a mistake, I thought it was on purpose. Cool layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon - fun challenge. It was as challenging for me to FIND a challenge as it was to DO it, lol!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have noticed the T either! What a great layout and a super way to interpret both the challenge and the inspiration layout. The large cut title is awesome! I can't believe you stamped it - looks so perfect!! Love how you are taking this month. PS. should I count up the emoticons added to your layouts too?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) And, oh, yes, Lisa! They ALL count, lol!

      Delete
  3. Great layout! Especially like the title on white and your stamping is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the kraft combined with the paper strip on the side - the color contrast is so sharp. The large title is great too - I'm not sure I would have the patience to cut that out! And the emoticons are a very cute and whimsical touch. (I didn't notice the "t" until you pointed it out.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is one of those that just kept coming together without a lot of effort.
      I am really enjoying the emoticon stamps. Btw, I just sit in front of the tv & cut :D

      Delete
  5. That's a fun page - I love the huge title, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My titles usually leave a lot to be desired :-)
      It's killing me to work so cleanly & with so little pattern, though...

      Delete
  6. You are so funny! I love your layout, It is fun to learn more about you, and I can see your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome