Tuesday, April 21, 2015

042115 CKC Scrap Crush REVEAL!

 
Here is my Scrap Crush page.


I wonder how many of you guessed that my crush is...

SoapHOUSEmama aka ASHLI OLIVER!
her blogpost HERE
 Ashli is currently on the Design Teams at
Cocoa Daisy, A Flair for Buttons, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog & CATfile store.

A gallery of her work can be found HERE.
Her YouTube channel is HERE.
Her Pinterest board of her work for Cocoa Daisy is HERE.

Here is a compilation of some of my faves:



 Stitching, stamping, fussycutting, grids, flair, scraps, 
stitched alphas, watercoloring, small pieces,  gesso over alphas, 
stencil w/paste, doodling, layered papers under photo as a mat...

Such a freestyle approach with a generous splash of artsy.

I decided to use this one as my inspiration & did a fairly literal scraplift.
her process video HERE
She does wonderful process videos that take all the mystery out of
how she makes her decisions for the page & the various techniques.

I have to say as well that she has an adorable little family.
She is very relatable in many ways & seems genuine & unpretentious.

I mean, this woman doesn't even own a paper trimmer!
Why do I think I need the perfectly-sized circle punch
when I can just grab my scissors & CUT. ONE. OUT.
(...and this comes from the Queen of Fussy-Cutting, lol!)

I hope I have made YOU fall in scrappy love (maybe just a little?) with this talented artist.
Comment below to let me know if you guessed right!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea - but as per usual - your counterfeiting was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea neither, but that is a good choice! I seen alot of her stuff when I took one of May's classes and now knowing who it I can see her style in your counterfeiting

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is totally a star and your inspired layout is simply that - inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome