Wednesday, April 29, 2015

050115 Archi-scraps May Challenge

How exciting! Two fabulous scrapbook challenge blogs,

Archi-scraps
C.S.I. Color... Stories... Inspiration
  are teaming up this month!

Here is the Case File we will be solving:
If you've never played along over at CSI, the concept is that all of the 
inspirational elements for your project are contained in the Case File.

The Scene is the visual inspiration for the following elements:

The Scheme - the must-use color palette, plus neutrals (black, white, kraft, cream, gray or brown.)
The Evidence - use two or more for products, techniques or design ideas.
The Testimony - one or more for journaling.

Check HERE for the full details - they are quite specific!

First off I looked through my photos for something that would suit - look what I found!


So girly, and the color scheme will set it off beautifully!


Let's pull some papers, bits & bobs...


I wanted a really dreamy white background but not just plain white.
I recently spied white embossed wood grain on a layout & remembered that I had some.

Unfortunately all of my colored papers, especially the purples, were totally wrong!

I did find this ancient but lovely vellum watercolored pansy flower paper from
Deja Views which had all of the color scheme in it and continued my dreamy girly vibe.

Then it was just a matter of stitching the photo to the vellum mat,
creating a decorative border.


Next I added some vellum Memory Box Blooming Vine diecuts.
I love these wispy vines & the vellum gives them great body.
I added some tiny pearls on the flower centers for a little texture.


My testimony was done on a punched white cardstock heart,
and tells of this daughter & granddaughter celebrating a 65th birthday.

There are a few more pieces of evidence from Case File #CC-5.


A glittery gold scallop washi edge added to the bottom of the photo.
A tiny gold Theresa Collins heart on the journaling,
 as well as teeny tiny pink hearts from ArtC at the corners.
A tiny Piccolo heart-shaped lock & key represent my architectural element,
hung from the neck of a whimsical wooden bird from Little Yellow Bicycle.


This wasn't as easy as it looks!
Great stretch for creativity in a few different directions
thanks to the detailed parameters in the C.S.I. Case File.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. You've excelled yourself this month Leslie.CSI is American based as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at grow! Another step in a new direction. Stunning layout. Love the blooming vines.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome