Thursday, April 23, 2015

042315 WM#166 inspired by Paris

SO happy to get another WM prompt on paper & out of my head :-)

Paris... I visited Paris at the end of a whirlwind tour through Europe when I was 16.
 If I ever visited again it would definitely be as if it was the very first time!
All I can remember is that half of the city looked like any city in the world.
Highrise buildings, one of which was unfortunately our hotel.
Oh - and I ate delicious escargots! (but I didn't want to make a page about snails...)

So I decided to see if I had a French saying in my book. Voila!


I grabbed this Graphic Fairy postcard image & her  
 to make this perfectly Parisian embellishment.



Translation?



And we have plans to do just that this summer - well, a small corner of it, anyway :-)
The map paper I used actually has the area on it, so I highlighted it like this:

 

So this is my visual depiction of the quote


with a copy of our travel brochure tucked behind!


The binocular lady was also The Graphics Fairy.
I added the popped up hemispheres from The Vintage Moth.

This was a ton of fun to make!


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. We were lucky enough to travel to Paris last May and we all fell in love with the beautiful city. We weren't anywhere near the high-rise part; in fact, we didn't even notice that part until halfway through our stay! This layout it amazing - that title really grabbed my eye. I love the way it leads you from embellishment to embellishment, all the way down the page. And if you don't mind, I'd like to borrow your quote. I've got a daughter who's been bitten by the travel bug and this would be great on a page about her wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Susan, and thanks for the comments :D This was SO FUN - one of those pages where you start in one place & end up in another but everything practically volunteers, clicks & falls into place! If you want the postcard with the sentiment I can email it to you? If that would suit what you are doing...

      Delete
  2. How nice Leslie - I would love the postcard! You can email me at jbrochu86(at)comcast(dot)net. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this while on my phone so will do when I return home :-)

      Delete

Would love to know you've been here! Feedback most welcome